Simple Steps to Calm Focus
30-day money back guarantee
Be powerfully productive,
on top of it all,
Praise for Previous Edition…
Zen & The Art of Work [the previous edition of Being Productive] is one of (if not the) best demonstrations of how these principles can lead to the calm, intentional practice of getting work done that matters.
Simple Steps to Calm Focus
If you’re looking for a solid course on how to be productive, this is it. It condenses years of therapy, creativity, meditation, work on productivity and more into a set of 14 exercises with the highest production values I could muster.
No tools are needed. You can use pen and paper or a complex task system, either way. The concepts remain the same.
Being Productive gives you the exercises to find calm focus at work and at home. You’ll get a set of videos, each with a simple, but powerful, new exercise to build into your day. No task system knowledge or computer applications are necessary.
- Learn exercises for finding relaxed, heightened attention.
- Form useful habits gradually.
- Learn ways to dive deep into work.
- Build a simple trusted system.
- Find calm even with due dates.
- Take large projects along a path of mastery.
- Integrates easily with most any productivity method or task system, though neither is required.
If you enjoyed Creating Flow with OmniFocus but are looking for something to instead give you an overall picture of productivity, this is it. If you enjoyed Workflow Mastery, but just want to get at the meat of doing work, this is it.
More Praise for Previous Edition…
Zen & the Art of Work is a guided exploration as well as quite a hard core set of instructions into optimizing your work. But rather than focusing on productivity, as most approaches do, it focuses on the quality of the work you can do, by working on the entire set-up around and about your work which will lead to better, deeper, more meaningful and ultimately more productive work. Because at the end of the day, what does productivity matter if it does not lead to more relevant results for you, right?
In this approach, Kourosh Dini, the author of Zen & the Art of Work, goes beyond some of the ideas that are presented in Getting Things Done (more commonly known as GTD) by David Allen. In my opinion, he comes closer to the essence of the Taoist thoughts that underlie the GTD approach.
- Course: 16 Being Productive video modules
- Bonus: Zen and the Piano Soundtrack album
- Bonus: Audiobook companion
- Sample chapter: Creating Flow with OmniFocus: Mastering Productivity
- Sample chapter: Workflow Mastery: Building from the Basics
The course starts with very general but fundamental basics of good workflows. It then progresses into more concrete suggestions as you go along. Here is the outline:
- Module 01 – Introduction – Learn a key ingredient of productivity.
- Module 02 – Choosing Your Focus – Learn to make solid decisions about projects and next actions.
- Module 03 – Taking a Step – Learn to engage your work at a subtle and deep level.
- Module 04 – Walking Paths – Learn to engage work with regularity to build momentum and large projects.
- Module 05 – Preparing Time – Learn to set the rest of your work aside for full focus.
- Module 06 – Setting Thoughts Aside – Learn optimal uses of an Inbox.
- Module 07 – Addressing Thoughts – Learn where to set ideas so they’ll be ready for you when you’re ready for them.
- Module 08 – Using Action Lists – Learn to build helpful routines and structures to further build your focus.
- Module 09 – Preparing Space & Attention – Learn techniques to optimize your environment and avoid procrastination.
- Module 10 – Creating Next Actions – Learn to break work down to ease forward motion.
- Module 11 – Mastery – Learn to find the basics of work so you can find play and mastery.
- Module 12 – Setting Work Aside – Learn to set work aside and create supportive environments to make productivity easier.
- Module 13 – Preparing the Day – Learn to prepare and plan to make your decisions easier.
- Module 14 – Reviewing Systems – Learn to create genuine trust in your systems so you can have a clear mind.
- Module 15 – Charting Courses – Learn to balance your work so you can easily know what you can and cannot take on.
- Module 16 – Practicing – Bring all you’ve learned together.