I’m excited to announce that Being Productive: Simple Steps to Calm Focus is now available!.
Note, if you own the Zen & The Art of Work course, you’ll get the new course for free. Being Productive is a free upgrade. Just go to your Gumroad account, and it’ll be there.
What is Being Productive?
Being Productive is the simplest presentation of my workflow, separated from any tool or heavy theory. You can use pen and paper or a complex task system, either way. The concepts remain the same. It is my core productivity set.
If you’re looking for a solid course on how to be productive, this is it. It condenses years of therapy, creativity, meditation, work on productivity and more into a set of 14 exercises with the highest production values I could muster.
If you enjoyed Creating Flow with OmniFocus but are looking for something to instead give you an overall picture of productivity, this is it. If you enjoyed Workflow Mastery, but just want to get at the meat of doing work, this is it.
The course starts with very general but fundamental basics of good workflows. It then progresses into more concrete suggestions as you go along. Here is the outline:
- Module 01 – Introduction – Learn a key ingredient of productivity.
- Module 02 – Choosing Your Focus – Learn to make solid decisions about projects and next actions.
- Module 03 – Taking a Step – Learn to engage your work at a subtle and deep level.
- Module 04 – Walking Paths – Learn to engage work with regularity to build momentum and large projects.
- Module 05 – Preparing Time – Learn to set the rest of your work aside for full focus.
- Module 06 – Setting Thoughts Aside – Learn optimal uses of an Inbox.
- Module 07 – Addressing Thoughts – Learn where to set ideas so they’ll be ready for you when you’re ready for them.
- Module 08 – Using Action Lists – Learn to build helpful routines and structures to further build your focus.
- Module 09 – Preparing Space & Attention – Learn techniques to optimize your environment and avoid procrastination.
- Module 10 – Creating Next Actions – Learn to break work down to ease forward motion.
- Module 11 – Mastery – Learn to find the basics of work so you can find play and mastery.
- Module 12 – Setting Work Aside – Learn to set work aside and create supportive environments to make productivity easier.
- Module 13 – Preparing the Day – Learn to prepare and plan to make your decisions easier.
- Module 14 – Reviewing Systems – Learn to create genuine trust in your systems so you can have a clear mind.
- Module 15 – Charting Courses – Learn to balance your work so you can easily know what you can and cannot take on.
- Module 16 – Practicing – Bring all you’ve learned together.
How Much and Where?
On the new video course – Being Productive
On the transition from Zen & The Art of Work to Being Productive – Simple Steps to Calm Focus
A set of recent blog posts at UsingOmniFocus.com
Two piano tracks…
This Saturday marks the 10 year anniversary of my weekly performances at Nitida Ridge in Second Life. Nearly every week, Bree Birke hosts a lovely virtual space where I perform to a global audience. It’s become quite the staple for many of them and for myself. Every...
Piano sketch in C# minor
Free Samples with Newsletter Sign Up
Creating Flow with OmniFocus: Mastering Productivity, On the Importance of Review
Zen & The Art of Work: Exercises for Mastery, Introduction Module
Workflow Mastery: Building from the Basics, On the Fundamentals of Organization
You’ll also get the occasional email about workflow ideas and products.
On Mind, Music, and Technology …